Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My first blog attempt

Well here I am starting a new blog. I hope to be able to share my thoughts, my recipes and any other information regarding Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Food and Environmental Allergies that I may find along my journey to wellness.
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for over 26 years. I wasn't diagnosed until I was in my mid twenties, as it really wasn't easy to diagnose back then. Not being able to do what I want to do in life because of my health issues has been well, a real bummer to say the least, but through it all I have learned so much about myself, others, illness and health in general. I have met so many wonderful people along the way. Practitioners who were great, and some not so great.
Doctors who treat the whole body and actually listen to you are key in your wellness.
As of late, I have two wonderful doctors in my life. Dr. Jennifer Armstrong a wonderful Environmental Doctor who is top in her field across the world and Dr. Richard Nahas another top physician in his field. With their help and knowledge and I pursuing many different modalities of treatment.
One of those is hypnosis. When I first was told about hypnosis I was a little hesitant. Would I do strange things while in a trance? What could hypnosis do for me? I am happy to say that I love hypnosis and my hypnosis practitioner. She is so keen and has such insight and is eager to help me on my path to Wellness. If you want to check her out, visit her website at www.empowerhypnosis.ca, her name is Johanna Lynn.
I have also written and article about hypnosis and it was posted on Kris Carr's website, Crazy Sexy Life.com, as well as Johanna Lynn's website, so check it out if it interests you.
Through hypnosis I am learning so much about my thoughts, my past experiences literally from the time I was born and so much more. It has brought me to so many other healing techniques such a EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique) and the idea of "We get what we expect". Louise Hay is another wonderful person who has for years taught us that positive affirmations make such a difference in our lives.
Here is her quote for today. " There is enough for everyone. The Universe is always full and always flowing."

One of my greatest accomplishments has been to co publish with General Store Publishing a cookbook that is near and dear to my heart. Finally... Food I Can Eat is a cookbook and dietary guide designed for those with multiple food allergies and food intolerances. It has been a wonderful way for me to share what I know with others and help them to know that you can eat birthday cake and Christmas time hors d'oeuvres even though you are allergic to dairy, wheat, gluten and other foods. It has been so well received in Canada and has been translated into French and goes by the title "Libre" We hope to get it into the USA next.

So if any of you are out there wondering what you can make that is healthy, tasty and free of top allergens, check out my website, my cookbook and my blog where I will post some of my new recipes that I am developing.
Sending love and good wishes out to all of you. See you back here soon with a new recipe!
Much love,
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment