Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Blueberry Banana Muffins are my favorite

So what are your favorite gluten free muffins?
Care to share?
Hope you enjoy my recipe. Please adapt to your preference of gluten or not. If you are able to eat gluten simply replace with your own wheat flour, same amount applies.
3/4 chickpea flour
3/4 brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xanthan or guar gum
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup oil( I like to use coconut oil but you can use safflower or sunflower oil)
4 bananas mashed
1 cup blueberries
Mash bananas in a bowl
Add oil, syrup and vanilla
Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Add blueberries last. If mix is a lite dry you can add some water. I tend to use very ripe frozen bananas that I have kept in my freezer and they yield more liquid.
Spoon into muffin tins and bake 350F
for approx 30 minutes

1 comment: